Life Satisfaction Scale (LSS)
Satisfaction with life is an important factor for the well-being of individuals and communities. Being content with one’s personal, social, family, school or professional life is a key ingredient for adaptation and success.
Interest in measuring satisfaction with life among the youth stems from the need to enhance mental and positive health in children and adolescents.
LSS provides a tool for measuring satisfaction with life among the youth, and the results obtained may serve as an indicator to the quality of life maintained and the aspects that require intervention by parents, teachers or professionals.
Life satisfaction is linked to important aspects of human life such as scholastic achievement which is found to correlate positively with life satisfaction.
This Scale focuses on measuring several aspects of life satisfaction, namely satisfaction with life in general, with family, friends, school, work, self, and living environment. It can be used in the following areas:
- Student counseling: to identify students with difficulties in adapting to school life, family life or social environment and help them overcome such difficulties.
- Family counseling: counseling provided by social institutions to help families adopt certain educational methods that would help their children achieve satisfaction in all aspects of their lives.
- Student self-development: to help the student better understand himself and direct him to certain training programs and expose him to educational materials directly or through the Internet.
- School Development: creating a school environment conducive to learning.
- Design preventive programs for the family, school and community.
- Research and studies to provide educational institutions with indicators that would help them identify students’ level of satisfaction regarding various aspects of their lives.
This Scale covers students and youth aged 12-30 years