Marriage Preparedness Scale (MPS)
Studies and research indicate that psychological preparedness and the cultivation of a set of values, attitudes and skills are the key ingredients to a successful and lasting marriage relationship. Both the husband and the wife need counseling on dealing with responsibilities associated with family life and parenthood.
Why the need for such scale?
- Draw attention to the soaring divorce rate in the region and the increasing number of cases of troubled families.
- Identify the most important factors that have an effect on the quality of family life in Saudi Arabia.
- Provide premarital counseling to help young couples better understand themselves, discover their potentials, and identify their strengths and weaknesses in a manner that protects privacy and offers meaningful solutions.
- Provide support to government and private institutions in setting up mentoring and counseling programs for prospective couples, and developing awareness campaigns for the community.
- Provide research contributions which will lay the foundation for future scales and tests pertaining to family life and parenthood.