Life satisfaction is an important factor to individuals and societies in general, and this applies to the educational sector and any areas responsible for caring for young people. The satisfaction of young people is considered an enabling factor in coping and success, whether this satisfaction is related to their selves (i.e., self-satisfaction) or other dimensions, such as their societies, families, schools, or jobs. Measuring youth satisfaction came from the need to promote mental health and positivity among children and adolescents. The scale helps measure the extent to which young people are satisfied with their lives in order to use the results as quality of life indicators, as well as identifying any cases in which parent, teacher, or professional intervention is required. Further, life satisfaction is related to many aspects of human life, such as academic achievement, since it has been found that there is a positive correlation between life satisfaction and academic achievement. The scale emphasizes several aspects of life satisfaction including overall life satisfaction, family life, friends, school, work, the self, and the environment.
The scale can be used in the following areas:
- Student counseling, by identifying students facing issues with coping at home, school, or the society, and helping them overcome these issues by learning to cope.
- Family counseling, which is provided by social institutions to help families adopt sound methods that contribute to the satisfaction of their children.
- Student self-development, by helping students discover themselves and designing appropriate direct or online training programs and awareness-raising materials.
- School development, by creating school environments that attract students and promote learning.
Designing preventive programs that target families, schools, and society.
- Research and studies, as well as providing educational institutions with indicators for identifying student satisfaction levels in different aspects of life.
The scale targets students and young people from 12 to 30 years of age