Attention: The submission deadline has been extended until 15 August 2018.
The 2018 Qiyas Award For Excellence in Educational Assessment
CALL FOR NOMINATION - All applications must be submitted by Wednesday 15 August 2018.
The National Center for Assessment (NCA), Riyadh - Saudi Arabia, referred to as Qiyas, is inviting nominations for the 2018 QIYAS Award for Excellence in Educational Assessment.
Please click here to get a copy of the 2018 Qiyas Award brochure.
QIYAS award was established in 2014 to promote excellence and contribution to the field of educational measurement, assessment and evaluation, and it is held every two years in conjunction with the International Conference on Educational Evaluation that organized by Education Evaluation Commission (EEC) in Saudi Arabia.
QIYAS award accepts any nominated work in the field of educational measurement, assessment and evaluation, however, nominated works on evaluating of future skills will be given more credits this year!
- STANDARDS: QIYAS Award will be given to scholars who have made outstanding contributions to research and practices in the field of educational measurement, assessment and evaluation. The nominated work can be:
(a) A book, monograph, doctoral dissertation, or seminal article in a refereed professional journal, with an emphasis on some theoretical or methodological novelty in the field, or;
(b) A program (or system) developed and implemented for applications in the field of educational research, assessment, testing, and evaluation (e.g. a computerized system for skills development and measurement, assessment, scaling, equating and other key procedures implemented by a testing institution).
Each of these two types of scholarly work, which can be co-authored by two or more applicants, will be evaluated and awarded separately. There must be evidence about the impact of the nominated work on the theory, methodology, or practices in the field at the international level.
- Nomination: QIYAS Award applicants must be nominated by an institution (e.g. university or testing institution). Self-nominations are also allowed upon endorsement by the institution of the applicant or by two respected academics. The nominated work must have been published (or documented in a refereed professional source) in English or Arabic within the last three years. In addition, if the work is in the category of programs (or systems) for applications in the field, it should have been implemented and used for at least two years within the last three years. The work is NOT eligible for nomination if:
(a) It has been already received an award by other institutions or professional associations or;
(b) It has been funded by EEC or one of its centers. Individuals who work as full time employees or part-time consultants for EEC or one of its centers, as well as members of the Award Council, are NOT eligible for nomination.
The QIYAS award for 2018 is:
(a) SAR 100,000 (Approximately 27,000 USD) for an outstanding scholarly work (book, monograph, or a seminal article published in a professional journal).
(b) SAR 100,000 (Approximately 27,000 USD) for implemented programs and practices in educational measurement, assessment, and evaluation.
The winners will be announced in November 2018, and the award ceremony will take place during the International Conference on Educational Evaluation (December 4-6, 2018), in Riyadh - Saudi Arabia. Travel expenses and accommodation of the award winners will be covered by NCA.
APPLICATION DOCUMENTS: QIYAS Award applicants must submit the following documents:
1. The Qiyas Award Application Form (Click Here).
2. A recent CV of the participant or a record of the candidate institution achievements.
3. A copy of the nomination letter by the applicant’s institution (or copies of the letters from two recognized academics, in the case of self-nomination).
4. A copy of the nominated work (e.g. books, monographs, doctoral dissertation, journal article). For work in the category of programs (or systems) for practical applications in the field, a copy of published documents (e.g. manuals), with the link to a web site with information about the work and its practical use and dissemination.
5. A description of the nature of the nominated work and its contribution to the field of educational research, assessment, testing, and/or evaluation. The text of the description, which must not exceed 5,000 characters in length, can be accompanied by copies of reviews of the work published by external reviewers in professional journals (e.g. book review).
6. All applications must be submitted by Wednesday 15 August 2018.
For more information about the award, please contact us via e-mail: QiyasAward@Qiyas.org.